Radio Type Approval

The Radio Type Approval is required in several African countries for telecommunication and radio equipment. With us as your professional partner you can safely and easily obtain your Radio Type Approval.

read more

Pre-Export Verification of Conformity / PVoC

Many products require a Pre-Export Verification of Conformity / PVoC in Africa before they can be imported. Make yourself familiar with the regulations and avoid customs problems.

read more

Certificate of Compliance / CoC

To avoid problems when importing goods in Africa in many cases a Certificate of Compliance / CoC is required. We can support you here.

read more

Major solar project in Malawi receives financial support from the African Trade Insurance Agency (ACA)

The photovoltaic plant with a capacity of 37 megawatts is being built jointly by Kenyan-based responsAbility Renewable Energy Holding and the Phanes Group from the United Arab Emirates. The latter secured the purchase rights for the electricity generated over a period of 20 years. The plant will be divided into two construction phases with 16 and 21 megawatts each. It is the second renewable energy project supported by the Regional Liquidity Support Facility (RLSF). The RLSF was established by the African Trade Insurance Agency and is intended to cover the risks of possible delays or default of payments by local companies.



Through the RLSF, the African Trade Insurance Agency offers a payment guarantee for up to 10 years. Upon completion, the project is expected to supply electricity to around 150,000 households in Malawi. The project cost is USD 67 million and is expected to set a new standard for reducing the country’s electricity shortage. Currently, electricity generation in Malawi is heavily dependent on hydropower, which accounts for more than 90 percent of the total energy supply. The use of hydropower is often associated with power cuts, especially during the dry season.

Malawi has a population of about 19 million and a power generation capacity of 363 megawatts. Of this, 90 percent comes from hydroelectric power, the remaining 10 percent of the current 23 megawatts is provided by solar plants. The power supply in the rural areas of Malawi is currently only 5 percent, in the urban environment 46 percent. Only 12 percent of the population has an electricity connection. The government plans to increase this ratio to 30 percent by the year 2030. Certification is required for many electrical engineering products in most African countries. This is to ensure that all local regulations are met and only products without safety hazards are imported. MPR International GmbH – Africa Certification offers you a complete package for certification in which you will receive excellent support. Contact us for a free and non-binding assessment of your certification process for Malawi or another African country.

If you have any inquiries regarding product certifications for Africa (Radio Type Approval, Pre-Export Verification of Conformity or Certificate of Compliance), call us directly (Europe: +49-69-2713769257, USA: +1 (773) 654-2673) or send us an E-mail.

Do you have any questions regarding certifications? If so, please do not hesitate to contact us via chat. You will find the chat window at the bottom right of each page (if this is not visible, please check your browser settings).

For further information on certifications for Africa, please read our free information booklet “Africa Certification Made Easy“.

Julian Busch

About the author: Julian Busch is the founder and managing director of MPR International GmbH

Publisher: MPR International GmbH